Garden columns start soon


Well, I'm gearing up for another fun garden season that includes writing the "In the Garden" columns for the Sunday edition of The Spokesman-Review newspaper here in Spokane, Wash.

The first of 33 columns will run on Feb. 26. I plan to write on a wide variety of gardening topics that I hope you will find interesting and entertaining. My goal has always been to make gardening a fun and easy component to a healthy lifestyle.

I've been gardening since I was 16 while growing up in Southern California. My husband and I have lived in Spokane since 1978. Gardening has been the #1 leisure activity in this area for a very long time so I know there are a lot of folks out there who share in my love of digging in the dirt and producing food for my family, friends and neighbors.

I hope you will enjoy the columns. If you have any gardening questions or topics you are interested in reading about either in my columns or on this blog, just drop me a note at inthegarden@live.com.