This Saturday, Apr. 28, the WSU/Spokane County Master Gardeners are putting on a party and you are at the top of their guest list.
This annual, free event is always filled with education and a lot of fun. It will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 222 N. Havana St., just south of the Indians ballpark and the Spokane County Fairgrounds.
Here's a partial list of what will be going on:
- Plant Sale (plants lovingly raised from the gardens of Master Gardeners, including mine)
- Home and Garden Sale (like a cool yard sale)
- Informational booths on gardening topics like composting, herbs, containers, vegetables, adaptive tools, raised-bed gardening (which I will be manning all day -- come say hello!), flowers, ornamental grasses and much more.
- The Plant Clinic will be open, with experts ready to diagnose plant, pest or disease problems or give you ideas on what to grow this year.
- Activities for the kids
- Prize drawings
- On-site tool sharpener so bring your tools.
Be sure to come, no matter what the weather. We'll all be there, ready to talk about our favorite topic!