Back from vacation

Hi, everyone. Did you think I dropped off the face of the planet? Well, actually, my husband Bill and I have just returned from a wonderful 2-week trip to New England. I have so many things I want to share with you about the gardens we saw!

The photo above was taken at this really cool old farm where they grew and sold a ton of pumpkins, squash, gourds, dried hydrangeas... you name it! What a sight it was. There's something so appealing about autumn, whether it's the harvesting we do or the things we do to make our homes warm and inviting. It's one of my favorite times of year and I'm anxious to start decorating for the season.

Stay tuned while I get myself back into a routine and sort through my photos, and I'll be back with more news to share.

My newspaper column will resume in a couple of weeks. Oh, and happy first day of autumn, as of tomorrow!