Fall foliage

I'm sure you would agree that the fall colors have been spectacular this year. Wherever I go, I find I'm continually admiring all the beauty that surrounds us.

Yesterday afternoon, when the light was just right, I looked out the window of my upstairs home office and was treated to the view above. Here's what you're looking at: (if you click on the photo, you can see a larger image)

The tall tree with the peach-colored foliage is a 'Kwanzan' ornamental cherry. The deep red of the short shrub is a dwarf Burning Bush (Euonymus alata 'Compactus') and the shrub in the foreground that has a mixture of burgundy, red, yellow and orange leaves is a Koreanspice Viburnum (Viburnum carlesii). The short perennial with the bronzy-gold leaves that's in front of the Burning Bush is one of my favorites: Gooseneck Loosestrife (Lysimachia clethroides).

I would like to say that I elaborately planned this planting combination, but it's really just a grouping of some of my favorites!