'Giraffe' Dahlias

A few days ago, I received the 2013 spring planting catalog from Dutch Gardens. On the cover was a photograph of one of the most amazing Dahlias I've ever seen.

It is the 'Giraffe' Dahlia and according to the catalog, it is an heirloom variety that predates World War II. I've never seen anything like it although I'm certainly not an expert on Dahlias (far from it, actually).

But I just had to share this with you in case you haven't seen it. Dutch Gardens is selling one clump for $7.99 or 3 for $21.99. It says they will reach a height of 32 to 36 inches and should be spaced 1 1/2 to 2 feet apart.

When I did a web search on 'Giraffe' Dahlias, I saw they are available through other online sources as well.

So what do you think of this one? It certainly would be an eye-catcher in the garden, wouldn't it?