A friend of mine who is an organic orchardist and truck farmer recently told me about a mail-order business that I'd never heard of before. I thought you might be interested in them, too.
It's called High Mowing Organic Seeds and their web address is www.highmowingseeds.com. I requested their catalog and it just came in the mail today.
There are a lot of things I like about the catalog:
They are located in Wolcott, VT, and describe what they offer as "reliable market standards and unique specialty varieties from an independently-owned, organic seed company." Check them out.
- all of the seeds are organic, which is important to me
- there are full-color photos of everything they sell, so you can really take a good look at each variety
- there's plenty of useful information about growing different crops throughout the catalog
- you can buy different quantities of seeds, from 1/64 oz. all the way up to 5 lb.
- they have many varieties I haven't seen in other catalogs, including lots of specialty greens
- they primarily sell veggies but herb and flower seeds
- they even sell seed potatoes, and garlic and shallot bulbs