July 14 column

Here is a link to my column in today's edition of The Spokesman-Review: Change leaves more time to smell the roses.

In it, I list some ideas of ways to cut down the amount of time you need to spend on gardening chores. Don't get me wrong: I love to garden! But like most folks, I'm not crazy about weeding or the idea of spending a lot of time dragging hoses around. I want to have time to enjoy the garden and to do the fun stuff.

Can you think of other ways to cut down on the boring chores? If so, please drop me an email at inthegarden@live.com or make a comment on this post. I'd love to hear from you.

On another note, don't forget that today is the Coeur d'Alene Garden Tour. It's from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Here is link to my column with all of the details: Take a peek over the fence. Here is a link to my blog post about it.