It will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Extension Center at 222 N. Havana St. in Spokane. It's just south of the Indians ballpark and the Spokane Fair & Expo Center. Parking is free as well.
Here's what will be going on:
- Plant sale (includes plants from Master Gardeners' own gardens, grafted tomatoes, native plants, perennials including hostas, and more plants from local nurseries)
- Information booths on a wide variety of gardening topics
- The new raised-bed demonstration garden to the south of the building (which I'll be working at)
- Garden art
- You'll learn about beekeeping, how to grow berries, and so much more
- There will be excellent garden books for sale
- Garden art
- Tool sharpening
- A silent auction and raffle
- And the "3Rs to Garden Art" booth (Recycle, Reuse and Re-purpose)
All proceeds from sales of the above items will help support the WSU/Spokane County Master Gardener program.
For more details, visit the Master Gardener Foundation of Spokane County's website, which includes information on the Garden Fair raffle.
I hope you can make it -- it's always great fun and a wonderful way to celebrate the fact that Spring has sprung. Stop by the raised bed demo garden and say hi!