March 8 column


Here is a link to my column in today's edition of The Spokesman-Review: Annual varieties add floral pop.

Just as I did a column last week on the newest veggie varieties, I talk about the newest annual flower varieties for 2015 in today's column. After all, I didn't want to neglect my fellow flower-lovers out there!

If you live in the Spokane area, remember that Northwest Seed & Pet carries a huge selection of seeds, including most of these brands, so be sure to visit them.

And as promised, here are photos of each of the flowers I featured in my column. Aren't they just luscious?

'Milky Way' morning glory - Photo courtesy of Natural Gardening Company 

'Little Firebirds' nasturtium - Photo courtesy of Renee's Garden

'Phoenix' nasturtium - Photo courtesy of Burpee

'Twinkles Dwarf Mix' phlox - Photo courtesy of Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

'Florist Pepperbox' poppy - Photo courtesy of Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

'Madame Butterfly' snapdragon - Photo courtesy of Johnny's Selected Seeds

'Coconut Ice' sunflower - Photo courtesy of Cook's Garden

'Ruby' sunflower - Photo courtesy of Natural Gardening Company

'Belinensis Red Yellow' sweet pea - Photo courtesy of Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

'Dancing Girls' zinnia - Photo courtesy of Burpee
Online seed sources for the above varieties: