July 12 column

The Rose Garden on Petrin Hill
Here is a link to my column in today's edition of The Spokesman-Review: Historic gardens worth the climb. This one was particularly fun to write because it's about the gardens my husband, Bill, and I visited while in Prague, Czech Republic, last month.

In my column, I talk about several different gardens and promised to post additional photos of them on my blog. So here they are! Refer to the captions for the locations. I hope you'll enjoying reading about them. Remember that you can click on any of the images in order to see an enlarged view.
Water garden on Petrin Hill

Looking down into Vrtba Garden
View of Prague from high above Vrtba Garden

Wallenstein Gardens water feature
Mr. Peacock in Wallenstein Gardens

The unusual grotto in Wallenstein Gardens
More of Wallenstein Gardens, with the Czech Senate behind.

One of the terraces of the Gardens Below Prague Castle.
Looking down into some of the Gardens Below Prague Castle.