Natural holiday wreaths


'Tis the season for lovely holiday decorations, right? Each year, I make a holiday wreath using natural materials from my garden.

I made this wreath a few days ago and it includes spruce, fir and pine branches, sprigs of arbor vitae and then I added a little bit of "bling" for some color. I used a grapevine wreath for the base because they're really easy to poke materials into. The wreaths are very quick and easy to make. If you listen to Christmas music while doing it, and thrown in some cookies and hot spiced cider, you've really turned it into an enjoyable process!

I've written about making natural wreaths on my blog before because I think it's a great way to personalize your holiday decorations. Here's a link to the post: Make your own Christmas wreath. I have also made a video showing the process on my YouTube channel: How to make a holiday wreath.

And here's a little album of wreaths I've made over the past few years: (you can click on any of the photos to view a larger image)







And here's a photo of some wreaths my friends and I made way back in 2008 during a wreath-making party! If you've never hosted one, I heartily encourage you to do it next year.