Today's column is probably one you've been waiting for: the preview of this year's Coeur d'Alene Garden Tour! And boy have they got some beautiful gardens to share with you.
The tour, which is next Sunday (July 13), features 5 gardens in and around Coeur d'Alene and runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Here is a link to my article in today's edition of The Spokesman-Review: Private Idaho paradise.
Tickets cost $15 if you purchase the tickets prior to the day of the tour at the locations below. You can also buy tickets the day of the tour at any of the gardens, for $17 and at the tour nurseries marked with an asterisk (*):
Locations of the gardens:
- *Coeur d'Alene Ace Hardware, 1217 N. Fourth St. (208) 6677-9466
- Mix-It-Up, 601 E. Front Ave., Coeur d'Alene, (208) 667-8603
- *Van Hoff's Garden Center, Coeur d'Alene (208) 930-4424
- New Leaf Nursery, 12655 N. Government Way, Hayden (208) 762-4825
- Aspen Nursery, 6075 E. Commerce Loop, Post Falls (208) 667-7511
- Northland Nursery, 8093 W. Prairie Ave., Post Falls (208) 773-3247
- Westwood Garden, 15825 N. Westwood Dr., Rathdrum (208) 687-5952
- Plant Land, 15614 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane Valley (509) 922-7618
- Northwest Seed & Pet, 2422 E. Sprague Ave. (509) 534-0694 or 7302 N. Division St., (509) 484-7387
- Greenacres Nursery, 18605 E. Appleway Ave., Greenacres (509) 928-1922
For more information, visit the Coeur d'Alene Garden Club website or call (208) 664-0987.
- 12582 Strahorn, Hayden
- 915 E. Deerhaven Ave., Dalton Gardens
- 514 E. Garden Ave., Coeur d'Alene
- 4354 Schilling Loop, Post Falls
- 2987 N. Jenicek, Post Falls