Contest announcement!


Hi, everyone. Well, today is the first day of a new contest and you're going to LOVE the
prize!

I have partnered with Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, who has graciously donated 9 packets of heirloom tomato seeds plus a packet of marigold seeds to help repel pests from your garden. This is enough to make any gardener salivate, right?

Here's what some lucky person is going to win:

Tomato 'Indigo Apple'
Tomato 'Moonglow'
Tomato 'Big Rainbow'
Tomato 'Yellow Mortgage Lifter'
Tomato 'Great White'
Tomato 'Jersey Giant' (sorry, couldn't find a description online)
Tomato 'Black Krim'
Tomato 'Henderson's Pink Ponderosa'
Tomato 'Emerald Apple'
Marigold 'Petite Mix'

I plan to start my tomato seeds on April 1st, so the lucky winner can rest assured they will have the seeds in plenty of time to get them planted indoors. You can even share them with gardening friends. Remember that tomato seeds have a shelf life of 3 years, so if you can't plant each type this year, you can use them for future garden seasons.

So the important information is: HOW DO I ENTER THIS CONTEST!?

Each person can have up to four entries! Here's how:

1) "Like" my Facebook page. (if you already have, proceed to the next 3 ways to enter as this applies to likes from today forward) Now, sometimes Facebook notes that I have a new page "like" but doesn't tell me who it is. I'll be watching it like a hawk, but you're welcome to drop me a note when you like the page (inthegarden@live.com).

2)  Become a follower of this blog. Note that you have to use a browser other than Google to join; I recommend using Internet Explorer or Foxfire. That's because there's no "Join" button visible on Google browsers. (*sigh*) To become a follower, go to the home page of Susan's in the Garden and look for the "Join" button in the righthand column.

3) Become a subscriber to my YouTube channel, which contains an archive of my how-to gardening videos. You'll see a red "subscribe" button in the upper righthand corner. There are no costs involved.

4) Follow me on Pinterest. This is also free. You'll find all sorts of amazing ideas on landscaping, DIY garden projects, beautiful gardens to visit around the world, recipes for using produce from your garden, vegetable gardening ideas, and so much more! If you'd like to know more about Pinterest, I recently did a blog post on it.

So, if you haven't yet liked my Facebook page, or become a follower of this blog, or subscribed to my YouTube channel, or followed me on Pinterest, you see that will be entered into this contest FOUR TIMES when  you do the above! Such a deal.

This contest expires at 6 p.m. Pacific Time on Saturday, March 14, 2015. I will announce the winner on March 15, 2015. You have my solemn promise that I will not share your information with anyone!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note at inthegarden@live.com.

Thank you, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, for providing a wonderful prize for this contest!